Yarmony Music Festival 2019: 4 Days of Music, Camping & Floating
The 14th Annual Yarmony Music Festival: Exciting New Changes for All!
Yarmony Music Festival returns to Rancho del Rio in Bond, CO from August 8 – 11, 2019. The 14th installment of this Colorado festival is bringing exciting changes to its already stellar experience. With an epic lineup of musicians, an extra day of music, and a focus on improved amenities and activities for all who attend, this year’s Yarmony will be better than ever!
No music festival can really live up to the Yarmony experience. The river, the skies, the stars, the family and the music all make this a truly unique experience, and this year’s Yarmony promises to live up to – if not surpass – the experience from years past.
This year, the festival name officially changed from YarmonyGrass to Yarmony. While bluegrass is still a key genre represented at the festival, Yarmony has always incorporated a variety of music styles ranging from rock to funk to folk. What is also consistent is the quality of music showcased on the two stages – from incredible local Colorado bands to Grammy-winning artists.
Perhaps the highlight of the weekend – and what sets Yarmony apart from other festivals – is the one-of-a-kind floating stage. Always a musical highlight of the weekend, attendees bring floating devices of all types – rafts, paddle boards, tubes, giant unicorns, and more – and fill the river during the day as bands entertain from a stage floating in the Colorado River.
Festival hosts The Drunken Hearts will be joined by a slew of Grammy-winners, including The Infamous Stringdusters and The Travelin’ McCourys. Other headlining acts include PHAB DUO (Paul Hoffman and Anders Beck from Greensky Bluegrass), the Kitchen Dwellers and the Yarmony Mystery Band (no doubt that this will be an extra special treat for all who attend)!
As if that’s not enough to get you on board the Yarmony train (or boat!), you won’t want to miss Jon Stickley Trio, Roosevelt Coolier‘s Colorado Get Down, Grant Farm, Daniel Rodriguez (from Elephant Revival), Silas Herman, Tenth Mountain Division, Brad Parsons & Starbird, Jack Cloonan Band, The Holler!, Jackie & The Racket, Timber!, Hawthorne Roots, The Lonesome Days, Liver Down the River, Buffalo Commons, Gypsy Cattle Drive, Opal Agafia and more!!
A Tribute to Jeff Austin will take place on the main stage, featuring a variety of Yarmony musicians playing their hearts out to honor the loss of an incredible human. Jeff Austin made such an impact on this music community, and his passing has left a huge hole in our lives. While this void can never be filled, this tribute is a way for friends, fans and family members to come together to celebrate Jeff’s life.
Yarmony truly offers an all-day, all-night festival experience.
During the day, the music heads to the river and onto the floating stage. You don’t have to miss a beat if you want to cool off. As the afternoon rolls in, head out to the main festival grounds and enjoy music on the two stages. Each day will feature a Happy Hour, and every attendee will get one free beer each day in their souvenir Yarmony cup.
Want to stay up late? There are plenty of campground picks to be found. Plus, attendees are almost always treated to a show in the sky from the Perseid Meteor Showers.
Take advantage of all that Rancho del Rio has to offer! Camping is first-come, first-serve – so get there early on Thursday to grab a beachfront spot along the river. (Pro Tip: Bring plenty of shade for your campsite, and be prepared for some serious temperature swings as the sun sets.)
And if you’re looking for more of an adventure, you can arrange a half-day or full-day rafting trip! Or stay local and float from “Rancho to Rancho” – a super fun float that takes you around the festival grounds.
Top 5 Yarmony Upgrades:
Yarmony has announced there will be changes to this year’s festival, and we couldn’t be more excited about the upgrades! Here are our favorite changes to this year’s Yarmony!
- An Extra Day: Yarmony is now a 4-day music festival! So, take off work early, as music will be starting on Thursday. Kitchen Dwellers, Tenth Mountain Division, Jack Cloonan Band and Jackie & the Racket will be rocking the stage.
- Reusable Souvenir Cups and Free Beer: Technically, these are two separate amazing additions – but they go hand-in-hand (literally). Every attendee will get a free cup – which will be filled with a free beer every day at Happy Hour. Hot damn.
- Mountain Sun is the Beer Sponsor: If you’re following along, that means you get a FREE Mountain Sun beer every day. Plus, you can drink Mountain Sun beer all weekend long. While we’re not exactly sure the beer varieties they will be serving, doesn’t a cold XXX sound amazing right now? (BONUS: Mountain Sun Pubs are selling Fee-Free Weekend Passes – and you get a FREE beer with each ticket purchase).
- Yarmony Dry Bag: Who doesn’t like free stuff? Especially when it’s something useful! We’re sure you or someone you know has damaged some personal belongings floating over the weekend at Yarmony. Sounds like Yarmony has decided to help you out this year – so get your free dry bag and USE it to protect your electronics and whatever else you deem important enough to bring with you on the river.
- Improved Amenities: This year, the Yarmony team has been focusing on the finer details to make this the best year ever. Expect improved access to water, ice and port-a-pots. Wi-Fi is available for those who need it (hey, not everyone has the luxury of taking off work early for a 4-day festy). Plus, we think attendees will find the entire festival has an improved flow and structure overall!
Still on the fence? Don’t be silly! The 14th Annual Yarmony Festival is going to be epic, and you want to be a part of this incredible weekend in Coloardo.
So, do yourself a favor and grab your tickets before they sell out: https://www.yarmonymusic.com/buy-tickets
Check out our recap of the 2018 YarmonyGrass Festival – and find out why this unique festival should NOT be missed!